in the beginning......
The Gilford Family have been operating 'It's A Dog's Life' since 2001. Adhering to our philosophy, we have worked together to build strong relationships with our clientele to see them return time and time again.
'I mean who better to look after your family pets than another family.'
Our parents brought us to the farm back in 1988, where the kennels now stand today. As a family we grew up with the same common interest where our love of animals and pets evolved into a desire to work together to create what we think is something very special.
Our Dad built a kennel when we moved onto the farm (pictured above). This kennel housed our first family pets 'Ben & Sheba'. Since moving on to bigger and better things, the kennel still stands prominately on display in our car park garden and is our family's constant reminder of humble beginnings.
- We are located close to the surrounding suburbs of Caroline Springs, Hillside, Taylors Hill, Taylors Lakes, Plumpton, Melton, Derrimut and the soon to be established Woodlea estate.
- Only 25km west of Tullamarine International Airport and within a 30 minute drive to Melbourne CBD.
- We also have the 'DOGRUN Mobile' for convenient transportation of your pets.
Compassion & Empathy
- At 'It's a Dog's Life' we always endeavour to go that extra step. Our team treat all their guest with the upmost care and attention they deserve, showing them love, affection and respect.
- Caring for pets has been our passion for over 20 years, our family have secured the best staff who also share our passion and most of all, our high standards.
- We understand the needs of you and your pet.
Quality and Hygiene
- We pride ourselves with stringent safety and hygiene standards
- We use only the best cleaning equipment and Veterinary grade products, specifically designed to keep your pet hygienically safe.
- With daily kennel clean outs and maintenance, your loved one will be given the best of care at 'It's a Dogs Life'.
Safety & Security
- Kennels are equipped with a 24 hour closed circuit TV surveillance relayed to our Home & Office.
- Member of staff onsite 24 hours a day
- On-call veterinary assistance available 24 hours a day
Food & Medication
- As a standard diet we serve your pets our range of high quality premium Purina ProPlan kibble. For the fussier dog we also stock and serve Ecopet Naturally Cooked Chicken & Beef rolls. For that particular cat we also stock and serve the Purina Fancy Feast range of wet food. The selection of foods ensures your pet get the very best quality, and covers all dietary aspects including all the essential vitamins and minerals.
- As part of our standard diet we also include a Sensitive Skin and Stomach Formula for both cats and dogs requiring for those that may have some skin and stomach issues.
- In addition to this we can accommodate specialised diets for veterinary reasons or owner's preference diets. So if your pet need any special dietary requirements, don't forget to mention it to one of our friendly staff.
- If your pet requires any medication, including tablets, injections etc. please bring them along and we will be more than happy to administer them when required. There is no extra charge for this service. It's all part of the care we provide.
- If you wish to give your dog that 'pampered' experience we have a wide selection of treats available to purchase in our store, or you can supply your own.